Wednesday, May 18, 2011

ancient city buried under volcanic ash and lava? yes, please.

I do not have pictures yet, because I have been in Florence for a few days without access to a computer, and now I canàt show you my pics. Sorry. Also, Italian keyboards are a little tricky.
But, I did go to Pompeii, with which I have had a fascination since I saw an episode of Bill Nye the Science Guy where they talked all about volcanos and had a Pompeii segment and I was like, °Holy. What is this place? I want to go to there.° Also, once I nearly had a fit on the Escape from Pompeii ride at Busch Gardens, so Pompeii and I have a long history and I was stoked to finally meet this place.
Alas, I will have to continue soon.
But just to give you a taste, Pompeii...Naples is sketchy...Florence is full of twisty alleys and scarves for sale and a beautiful river at sunset...and Siena is my new lover.
No biggie D.
Sorry for no pics and lame post, but I want you to know that I know you are all waiting, I am sure.

2 comments: