Sunday, June 12, 2011

i have class and you don't.

I was thoroughly excited to take the Eurostar/Channel Tunnel/Chunnel from London to Paris. That is, until we had to leave our hotel at 4 in the morning to get to the train station. Needless to say, I slept the whole way to Paris, but then we had to get out in the city and start exploring and stay awake!
No big deal, but I live like ten minutes from this:
We were walking on the sidewalk and I was getting distracted by the people selling mini-Eiffels and then I looked up and grabbed the nearest person for support. Holy. That thing is giant huge! And there I was, just walking by! Crazy.
Walking through, actually....

 rockin.
So, my first day in Paris I got to hang out with Eiffel and hang out in the Latin Quarter and have an early bedtime.
Because guess what? I attended an event the next day which was in my top ten classy moments called the French Open.

 It was so so so fun! I am now going to play tennis all summer long because I am totally inspired. We had the best time. And don't worry, I adjusted my outfit so that I would better fit in with the French Open crowd.
The funny thing is that no one gave me a second glance. Camo gear is to army as cardigan over shoulder is to French Open.

1 comment: