Friday, July 22, 2011

ciao. au revoir. farewell. peace out.

I’m determined to life a more enriched, fulfilling life by surrounding myself with the good and the beautiful and to made every place better than they way I found it, and to make every person better by having met me.
This experience has completely inspired me.
I want to take long walks and enjoy the beauty all around me. I want to go out and do things and try things! I want to eat picnic lunches at the park on Sunday. I want to dress up nice on occasion. I want to write beautiful words that make people stop and reread because they felt something. I want to read wonderful books. I want to be brave. I want to cook and eat good, healthy food. I want to be the very best person I can be. I want to try wearing lipstick without looking like a clown. I want to take up tennis. I want to write more.
I am just excited for all the new, unknown adventures before me. I think this trip has re-installed my sense of adventure and curiosity and love for awesomeness.
This was an experience to be treasured forever, to reminisce about forever. 
To remember how I felt when I stepped off the metro and saw the Colusseum across the street.
Or saw the city of Florence spread out below me, the Duomo rising above the red roofs and feeling absolutely invincible.
Or laughing with new friends as we ran away from footless pigeons and wondering how people can become friends so easily and quickly.
Reuniting with my old friend London, the city of my heart and feeling that sense of familiarity that I love so much.
Walking into a cathedral and feeling such an overwhelming sense of awe and reverence. Every time.
And falling in love with Paris,what with the stained glass, the crepes, and the unique vibe of classy, yet trendy elegance.
Yes, I will always look back with deep appreciation and fondness for what I have learned, seen, and changed from my experience here in Europe this summer.

ps. thanks for reading through this adventure. you can find my regular blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment