Saturday, May 28, 2011

milan, dahling, milan

In my mind, Milan is this super-hip and posh place to be where everyone dresses in the latest fashion all the time.
Guess what?
You can tell the visitors from the locals by how nicely dressed the person is. Out of town = trashy - classy. Local = classy and trendy and euro. It's like walking through the sartorialist blog when you see those classy Milan people. We only spent like 23 hours in Milan, though, so I was unable to go to/participate/be in a fashion show, unfortunately, but we kept it real Milan-style at all times.
modeling. as to be expected.
So, since we were there for such a short amount of time, we went through two museums rather quickly, including a modern art museum, which was incredibly refreshing after spending the past few weeks in ancient and baroque and renaissance. It was a nice change of pace. We also took a peek in the cathedral in the main square.


Unfortunately there was little time for me to browse through Armani and Prada and so forth, so I just took this incredibly classy picture of a little shopping area.

A classy McD's next to Louis Vuitton?
Even the Milano McDonalds are classier.

From Milan, we said our ciaos to Italy - a wonderful country, where I will go back someday.
And then we got an oh-so-welcome English hello from London.
will & kate oyster card?
i nearly peed my pants i was so excited.

1 comment:

  1. YOU ARE SO LUCKY I PUT THAT OYSTER CARD ON MY BLOG BECAUSE I WANTED IT SO BAD AAAHHHHHH

    Anyways. This blog/your pictures are melting my brain. And I miss you.

    ReplyDelete