Sunday, June 5, 2011

stonemasons

Remember when I was bus fun?
I got to re-live my glory days a little bit when we had our daytrip day in England. Just because we were on a bus/coach. Not because I told hilarious limericks or watched Harry Potter. In fact, we did a lot of eating snacks and sleeping on the coach, because what do we do best?
Intake art, eat, and sleep.
Our daytrip, though, was very rad.
First stop was Stonehenge, which, despise what the poses in our pictures may suggest, was not built by druids.

It was a beautiful sunny and windy day at Stonehenge and I was again surprised by how close Stonehenge is to the highway.
on the left: line of sidewalk people, and just lefter than that is the highway. see the cars? ok, and these rocks on the right are Stonehenge. No big deal.


Our next stop was Salisbury. Way awesome. It's the largest Gothic spire in England. So tall that it's leaning a wee bit, visible inside the cathedral.
Also, the town of Salisbury is absolutely charming and they have swans.

This is a picture of the interior of the cathedral. It was obviously beautiful.

The rest of our daytrip is forthcoming in another post. I'll just leave you with two pictures:

totally brill.

Don't mind that my feet are super decrepit from being on all day. But i would like you to notice my very cool tan line from my toms. So maybe I wear them all day everyday.

1 comment:

  1. you know, i look at pictures of these cathedrals in class all day. At the same time, you are inside of them. Jealous.

    ReplyDelete